Sunday, February 25, 2007

Crevice wetness

How many blondes does it take to cross a river?
One to take a dive
Two to throw a tire in
Three to cross correctly
and one to walk across like the tires aren't even there.
Well, we weren't all blondes, but the story sure doesn't show it. This was supposed to be a road, but we decided to walk/find our own path instead of push a car through it. It took us three chances before we found a spot that actually worked for us. And, as you can tell, it only sort of worked.

This is the crevice. We were essentially climbing right in between two rocks, suspending ourselves between them. This was by far the scariest par as we had to round a corner and run across to safety. Below we have a long stretch of crevice which was scary but really, the only fear would be getting stuck by dropping too far down into the crevice. It's probably the most awkward thing I will ever do. At the end of the crevice you pretty much fall out of the rock and into.....


....A small lake! I had this bright idea of giving myself a little extra momentum as to get out of the puddle quicker, but really I just got myself in deeper. I was soaked! and the 1/2 mile hike back to the car against strong winds (the very winds that made this crevice) didn't help any. This was actually a week ago, so no pneumonia whatsoever. Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I like your blog. And your postings. And I am so excited that you will soon be back in Iowa, my Becca Sue friend! We will chat. And smile and hug and laugh. And you might get something in your mailbox... ;);)