Monday, February 12, 2007




So we stayed at the Shumate's (Donna and Mark) in Albuquerque this weekend. Man, I'm getting good at spelling Albuquerque! Anyway, they have an amazing home, full of art from all over the world. This is some of the African art. They also had this huge screen from Asia with gold painting. BEAUTIFUL!



This is one of those that I just couldn't stop looking at. I just don't get it, you know?



Now for Santa Fe, our real purpose in traveling this weekend. This is the miraculous staircase of the Chapel of Loretta. It's made without nails. "Defies engineering logic" Did you hear that Hjon and Chris?



I love being an art teacher! I get to take pictures of things other people can't. Like this amazingly CRAZY horse/warrior thing. Another thing I don't get but totally love because of it. I hope it's ok that I'm posting it... mmmmm..... please don't get me into trouble!

The oldest church in the U.S. cool, huh?

Classic Santa Fe.


Yep, that's right. I'm tainted. I've gambled away 1 whole dollar. But I must say, I almost made 1.80! but then I gambled it away. I can't be trusted, I just can't.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

hooray! i love you pictures, my friend. when you get back, you have to let me see if you're selling any batiks b/c my mom is maybe remodeling a bathroom and would like some batiks...you come highly recommended (by me! ;) Have a great week, dear!

Harold O. Postma said...

And to think I was going to show this site to your Grandmas?!%*#@????